Rights Respecting Schools Award
Hornbeam Academy is a Rights Respecting School - it has achieved the UNICEF RRSA Silver Award.
We fully support and strongly believe in the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child.
We expect these values to be shared by everyone in our school community and that everyone respects and relates to one another, and those in the wider community, in the best possible way.
It is our aim to embed these values into all that we do at Hornbeam Academy - including teaching and learning, behaviour management, whole school policies and practices and recruitment of staff.
Our focus is on 7 of the Convention’s Articles:
- Article 3 - Best Interests of the child
- Article 12 - Respect for the views of the child
- Article 13 - Freedom of expression
- Article 19 - Protection from violence, abuse and neglect
- Article 23 - Children with a Disability
- Article 28 - Right to Education
- Article 29 - Goals of Education
A full list of the UN CRC Articles can be found here:
The United Nations Rights Respecting School Award website is: