Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Information Advice and Support Service or SENDIASS is a confidential, impartial, free, high quality information and advice and support to Children and young people with Special Educational Needs and disabilities run by the Citizens Advice Waltham Forest.
SENDIASS provides support in the following areas:
- Listen to your concerns and queries
- Support around the legal framework for Educational Health and Care Plans
- Support around education placement choices
- SEND policy and practice
- Information on services available locally
- Personalisation and personal budgets
- Legislation on SEND
- Ways to resolve a disagreement or make a complaint, including mediation
- Help you prepare for meetings
- Training and events focused on SEND related topics
- Disagreement resolution and mediation
- Signpost to other sources of help and information
- Help you to get your views, the views of your child or young person known, understood and valued
- Help with paperwork and writing reports and letters
- Help you to look at all of the options
- Prepare you for appeal to the tribunal, and
- Independent support
You can make an appointment to have individual support or you could access any group support or any face to face support that the service offers.
For further information on this service and contact details please click SENDIASS.